EQCA endorses viable candidates running for local office, statewide offices, the state legislature and Congress who have a proven track record of supporting equal rights and legal protections for LGBT Californians and who are committed to advancing these goals in their capacity as elected officials.
Equality California conducts field research to determine candidates’ records on LGBT equality and social justice and will extend invitations to participate in the endorsement process based on past record, viability, and EQCA priority considerations.
Endorsement by Equality California requires completion of a candidate questionnaire and candidate interviews. Candidates who are interested in our endorsement should contact Brad Lundahl at email@example.com as early as possible to inform us of your candidacy.
- Candidate must be 100% in support of LGBT equality to be considered for endorsement.
- Candidate must be viable and able to run a competitive campaign.
- Candidate’s depth of work in support of full LGBT equality.
- Is candidate openly lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender?
- Will this candidate diversify our support base?
NOTE: A candidate who is not 100 percent in support of full LGBT equality is not eligible for endorsement.
Paid for by Equality California PAC. This advertisement was not authorized or paid for by a candidate for this office or a committee controlled by a candidate for this office.
Paid for by Equality California (eqca.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.