At EQCA, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit individuals without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status or age.
|Equality California Institute (EQCAI) is an organization dedicated to educating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and the public at large about issues impacting the LGBT community and our allies. Established in 1999, EQCAI organizes and empowers individuals, communities and allied groups to work proactively for fairness, equality and justice.|
EQCAI is currently seeking to hire part-time staff to conduct conversations with Californians through face-to-face interactions. Staff will be trained to have conversations with Californians about LGBT acceptance, marriage equality and LGBT rights. Previous canvassing experience is desired but not required. Knowledge of the LGBT community and the Fair Education Act is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior campaign experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Flexible schedule
- Knowledge of the LGBT community is preferred
- Strong organization skills and an attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and commitment of time sufficient to accomplish the
- goals of the program
- Engage in conversations with Californians through face-to-face interactions.
- Meet or surpass hourly, daily and weekly goals for number of conversations.
- Fund raise for the largest LGBT organization statewide.
- Carefully record and track results from each interaction.
Leadership opportunities are available after the initial training period.Street Canvassers will report directly to the Canvass Lead. The job is located in the city of West Hollywood.
Salary: $13/hr, 23-37 hours per week.(Bonus Incentive)
Shifts available: Tuesday-Thursday 2:00p – 9:30p, Friday and Saturday, 9:30am– 5:00p.
This is a part-time position. All interested applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include “Street Team”
in the subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity: EQCA is an equal opportunity employer that seeks a workforce representing the diversity of the state that we serve. Accordingly, EQCA prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, military service and/or veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
Women, people of color, and transgender individuals are highly encouraged to apply.