At EQCA, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit individuals without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status or age.
Spanish-Bilingual Communications Internship
Location: Equality California, Los Angeles Office (Miracle Mile)
Compensation: unpaid, school credit available
The Spanish-Bilingual Communications Intern will assist EQCA with the writing of media advisories, outreach on online social networks, viral marketing, website content and media communications projects as needed.
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Excellent writing skills (English and Spanish)
- Academic or work experience in journalism, communications, social sciences, public relations.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities and sexual identities.
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Proficiency in word processing, email and internet research.
Send resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and talents would contribute to the work of Equality California to jorge(at)eqca.org.
About the Organization:
Equality California (EQCA) is the largest statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender-rights advocacy organization in California. In the past decade, EQCA has strategically moved California from a state with extremely limited legal protections for LGBT individuals to a state with some of the most comprehensive civil-rights protections in the nation. EQCA has passed over 50 pieces of legislation and continues to advance equality through legislative advocacy, public education and community empowerment.
Equality California is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity. Women, people of color and transgender individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.