Help build a state of equality! Equality California (EQCA) and its sister organizations (Equality California Institute, Equality California Issues PAC, and Equality California Candidate PAC) share a common mission to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Californians. Equality California is the largest statewide LGBT advocacy organization in California working to secure full and lasting equality for and acceptance of LGBT people. Over the past decade, Equality California has partnered with social justice advocates, businesses, grassroots supporters and legislative leaders to strategically move California from a state with extremely limited legal protections for LGBT people to a state with some of the most comprehensive human rights protections in the nation. Equality California, together with our allies, has successfully sponsored more than 90 pieces of pro-equality legislation.
- Communications Department
- On the Ground - Field
- Legislative Advocacy
Internships are available in San Francisco, Sacramento, Palm Springs and Los Angeles.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be detail-oriented, organized, and computer-literate
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outgoing and service-oriented demeanor
- Be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet
- Have knowledge or interest in LGBT issues
Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to tony(at)eqca(dot)org. Incomplete packages will NOT be reviewed.
Women, people of color, and transgender individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.